We at Chapel Properties know you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously.
Please read the following Privacy Statement to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact or use our website or any related events, sales or marketing, and if you use any of our products or services in any manner.
Chapel Properties is the Data Controller and will use your personal data as described in this statement.
WHAT DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT COVER?
This Privacy Statement covers what we do with the information that we collect when you are accessing or using our websites or when you contact us in any manner, including by phone or email. We gather various types of information which includes information that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”), as explained in more detail below.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Information in two ways. Information you give us in response to questions we ask and information we collect automatically.
Information you Provide to us:
When you visit our website and either use the Contact Us page or Testimonials page we ask for certain pieces of information.
If you telephone us we may ask for additional information. If you correspond with us by letter or email you will provide personal information that we may use.
The way we use the information we collect through the above methods to respond appropriately to you is summarised here.
When someone visits we collect certain information related to your device, such as your devices IP address and what pages your device visited.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Information we receive from other sources:
We sometimes gather information from marketing activities undertaken on our behalf by third party organisations. They have obtained your consent to use the information they gather to pass onto Chapel Properties so that we may then contact you about our products or services.
Responses from these marketing activities come directly to Chapel Properties and are not shared or stored by another other organisation. We will enter the personal information collected into our CRM system and check with you to record your preferences for how, and about what, you wish to be contacted by us in the future. Should you request that your information is erased we will deal with this in line with our Right to Erasure Policy.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
From time to time, we may use your Personal Information using the basis of legitimate interest:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you on the basis of legitimate interest.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us.
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In addition to the uses described in the ‘What information we collect’ section above, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries. For example, if you write to us, or email or telephone us, we may use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you. We will not use these for marketing purposes unless you have consented for us to do so. We may retain these details on our system in relation to your enquiry;
- to improve and personalise our services;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- in relation to payments due to us;
- where you have consented that we may do so, to send you details of our offers and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- for internal analysis and research. For example, we may keep records of your date of birth, address/post code, and interests to assist us to identify market trends;
- to host, administer, improve our website;
- for other purposes clearly stated on the page or other method by which you provide your information to us.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share and disclose your Personal Information only in the following limited circumstances.
- As required by law.
- Where we need to do so in order to enforce our rights or protect our interests for example, in order to enforce the terms of any contract that we have with you.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties for the prevention of crime, fraud, money laundering and for the tracing of debtors.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying or selling the business (who will only be permitted to use your personal information as outlined in this Privacy Statement).
We do not directly share or disclose your Personal Information through International Data Transfers from the UK to any other country.
USE OF YOUR DATA FOR MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
When you provide us with your Personal Information, we give you the opportunity to tell us what communications you want to receive and how you want to receive them. You can opt out of receiving this information, or change any of your preferences, at any time. To opt out please contact us via email.
To change your preferences for what you want to receive and how you want to receive it email your changes to stating what you would like us to do.
Within the EU GDPR 2016 and the Data Protection, Act May 2018, Data Subjects have Rights about their Personal Information and how it may be used.
If you would like to exercise any of the Data Subject Rights available to you which include accessing, updating, rectifying and deletion of Personal Information the following information will help you with this.
- You have the right to request a copy of the Personal and Supplementary Information about you held by us through the Right of Access.
- You also have the right to request we correct any inaccuracies or incomplete data in the Personal Information we hold about you through the Right to Rectification.
- You also have the right to request the deletion of some or all of the Personal Information we hold about you through the Right to Erasure.
In any of the above instances, as a security measure, we will require proof of your identity before processing your request and then, if required, making any changes.
If you have any other questions about your rights and how to exercise them contact the Privacy Officer, Chapel Properties (Woodbridge) Ltd. Unit 1, Quayside, Woodbridge. IP12 1BN
IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
We use appropriate technical, organizational, and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
How to contact us if you have any queries
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions in relation to the information, we hold about you or our use of that information, please feel free to contact the Privacy Officer, Chapel Properties (Woodbridge) Ltd. Unit 1, Quayside, Woodbridge. IP12 1BN or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WILL THIS POLICY CHANGE?
In line with best business practice we will periodically review all policies in the light of any legislative or regulatory changes or changes to our business operating practices. This policy will be reviewed annually and if required changes made to improve its effectiveness and accuracy about how we collect, store and process your Personal Information. We will flag on our website any significant changes that affect you and how we use your Personal Information in the updated policy or by sending you an email. This Policy was last updated on 28th July 2021.
Last updated: July 2021